[americana, indie-folk] (2020) Peter Oren - The Greener Pasture [FLAC] [DarkAngie]

seeders: 8
leechers: 1
updated:
Added by sisyphus in Music > Lossless

Download Fast Safe Anonymous
movies, software, shows...

Files

(2020) Peter Oren - The Greener Pasture [FLAC]
  • 04 - The Greener Pasture.flac (24.0 MB)
  • 02 - Stud Song.flac (18.5 MB)
  • 03 - Free.flac (23.5 MB)
  • 01 - In Line to Die.flac (17.7 MB)
  • 05 - Whole World.flac (18.9 MB)
  • 06 - Fun Yet.flac (12.5 MB)
  • 07 - John Wayne.flac (19.5 MB)
  • 08 - Gnawed to the Bone (Come By).flac (14.9 MB)
  • 09 - Ones and Ohs.flac (14.9 MB)
  • 10 - Don't Eat Their Feed.flac (13.8 MB)
  • 11 - Fences, Ranchers, and Cattle Prods.flac (19.1 MB)
  • 12 - Loading Page.flac (18.0 MB)
  • cover.jpg (59.4 KB)
  • Downloaded.txt (0.1 KB)

Description

(2020) Peter Oren - The Greener Pasture

Review:
A release he referred to as “my dystopian farm/ phone-themed album,” The Greener Pasture is the third full-length from Indiana singer/songwriter Peter Oren. It follows an equally socially conscious second album, Anthropocene. While that record was more concerned with climate change, The Greener Pasture considers our increased reliance on smartphones as well as certain destructive trends in farming, environmentalism, and larger politics. In keeping with the album’s phone-related themes of isolation, Oren decamped to a cabin in the woods outside of Nashville to record it. The resulting tracks do include the participation of several long-distance collaborators as well as friends and local musicians who stopped by, including Mark Edlin, who plays drums on the record. Wide-ranging stylistically while remaining under the broad umbrella of indie folk, it navigates lively folk-rock and country-rock, rustic acoustic balladry, and even dramatic psychedelic folk (such as the ominous “Free”). In another turn, the title track is part testimony told in rap-like rhymes including “I know the law, I wrote it to a tee/I’m on the ALEC/I fund a PAC/I make ties/To get mine/From whatever candidate leads/I’m playing for keeps.” Those lines are delivered by double-tracked vocals, with other hip-hop-inspired components, including a repeated electric guitar riff and elemental drums. Elsewhere, the sardonic “Fun Yet” takes on phone addiction with a jaunty country-rock, while “Ones and Ohs” is a wistful, sparer, folk-style guitar tune with strings and light electric guitar (“I should treat my phone more like a landline and only pick it up when it rings”). To close, the haunting “Loading Page” surprises with distortion and echo effects. Throughout, Oren sells his consistently smart, crafted messages with a resonant voice and presence that command attention — like a quality folkie should.

Tracklist:

Media Report:
Genre: americana, indie-folk
Source: CD
Format: FLAC
Format/Info: Free Lossless Audio Codec, 16-bit PCM
Bit rate mode: Variable
Channel(s): 2 channels
Sampling rate: 44.1 KHz
Bit depth: 16 bits

Download torrent
215.3 MB
seeders:8
leechers:1
[americana, indie-folk] (2020) Peter Oren - The Greener Pasture [FLAC] [DarkAngie]

Trackers

tracker name
udp://tracker.opentrackr.org:1337/announce
udp://tracker.torrent.eu.org:451/announce
udp://open.stealth.si:80/announce
udp://opentracker.i2p.rocks:6969/announce
µTorrent compatible trackers list

Download torrent
215.3 MB
seeders:8
leechers:1

Torrent hash: 4BCE670BF02731ECAD22517360EF97E19085BDB3