[garage, indie-rock, punk] (2018) The Marked Men - On the Other Side [FLAC,Tracks] [DarkAngie]

seeders: 8
leechers: 1
updated:
Added by sisyphus in Music > Lossless

Download Fast Safe Anonymous
movies, software, shows...

Files

(2018) The Marked Men - On the Other Side [FLAC,Tracks]
  • 04 - The Other Side.flac (22.7 MB)
  • 02 - Nothing's Changed.flac (21.2 MB)
  • 08 - Oh My Pretty Face.flac (17.7 MB)
  • 01 - She Won't Know.flac (17.2 MB)
  • 14 - That Kid.flac (15.3 MB)
  • 07 - Lost It All.flac (15.2 MB)
  • 03 - On.flac (14.3 MB)
  • 10 - Wait Here, Wait for You.flac (13.3 MB)
  • 15 - Disappear.flac (13.3 MB)
  • 11 - I Can't Be Good.flac (12.4 MB)
  • 05 - Too Pretty to Fuck.flac (11.5 MB)
  • 09 - Like Robots.flac (11.0 MB)
  • 13 - Settle Down.flac (9.7 MB)
  • 12 - Nothing Worthwhile.flac (9.6 MB)
  • 06 - Whip Myself.flac (9.1 MB)
  • 16 - Go Cry.flac (7.7 MB)
  • cover.jpg (585.2 KB)
  • audiochecker.log (1.0 KB)
  • downloaded from katcr.co.txt (0.0 KB)
  • Icon (0.0 KB)

Description

(2018) The Marked Men - On the Other Side

Review:
Though the members of the band regularly played live shows together in the decade that followed, the Marked Men stopped recording new music after 2010. It’s not exactly a tragedy since the band’s two songwriters and singers, Mark Ryan and Jeff Burke, continued to make music with bands (Lost Balloons and Radioactivity for Burke, Mind Spiders for Ryan) that carried on the Men’s timeless garage punk with snappy melodies and sound. Bassist Joe Ayoub also carried on with the like-minded Low Culture and drummer Mike Throneberry was in Mind Spiders, too. Putting that aside, On the Other Side is a collection of the group’s singles released between 2003 and 2010 for labels like Dirtnap, Swami, No Idea, and Shit Sandwich along with two previously unreleased songs.
The 16 songs serve as a reminder of how great the Marked Men were and also show that their sound hasn’t aged at all. Burke and Ryan’s songwriting is hooky and insistent, the band plays as if being chased by wild dogs, and the sound is rough and ready. Listing highlights from the set would basically just be listing everything, but there are a few moments when the Men hit an extra gear that shoots them so far past the competition they can’t be seen anymore. “Lost It All” and “Oh My Pretty Face,” two songs that shared a 2009 single, are like punk bombs that detonate in a cloud of rousing choruses and spiked riffs; “Wait Here, Wait for You” leans just a touch toward the pop side of punk-pop and sports a hook big enough to land a shark; “The Other Side” shows that the Marked Men weren’t just crazed rockers, and could reel off a heartbreaking ballad that Johnny Thunders would be proud to call his.
The two unreleased tracks, “Disappear” and “Go Cry,” aren’t major discoveries, but they are ripping rockers that add a little more fire to the set. Not that it needed it. This is music made from the basic building blocks of rock & roll, then set ablaze by four guys who really knew how to do things right. It’s a shame that the Marked Men may never record again, but if they don’t, this will work as a fitting epitaph to one of the greatest garage bands to knock the stuffing out of three chords.

Tracklist:
01 - She Won't Know.flac
02 - Nothing's Changed.flac
03 - On.flac
04 - The Other Side.flac
05 - Too Pretty to Fuck.flac
06 - Whip Myself.flac
07 - Lost It All.flac
08 - Oh My Pretty Face.flac
09 - Like Robots.flac
10 - Wait Here, Wait for You.flac
11 - I Can't Be Good.flac
12 - Nothing Worthwhile.flac
13 - Settle Down.flac
14 - That Kid.flac
15 - Disappear.flac
16 - Go Cry.flac

Summary:
Genre: garage, indie-rock, punk

Media Report:
Source : CD
Format : FLAC
Format/Info : Free Lossless Audio Codec, 16-bit PCM
Bit rate mode : Variable
Bit rate : ~ 902-1000 Kbps
Channel(s) : 2 channels
Sampling rate : 44.1 KHz
Bit depth : 16 bits

Download torrent
221.6 MB
seeders:8
leechers:1
[garage, indie-rock, punk] (2018) The Marked Men - On the Other Side [FLAC,Tracks] [DarkAngie]

Download torrent
221.6 MB
seeders:8
leechers:1

Torrent hash: 02FB476E33EBDD5BB7B27B4B0E83F7DAD9C6DAEC