• 04 Tear in My Side.flac (24.8 MB)
  • 05 Work to a Calm.flac (26.0 MB)
  • 06 Lucky One.flac (31.4 MB)
  • 07 Making Waves.flac (23.5 MB)
  • 08 Ran for Miles.flac (27.2 MB)
  • 09 My God.flac (20.7 MB)
  • 10 4-35 am.flac (18.0 MB)
  • 11 I Wanna Stay.flac (35.4 MB)
  • 12 Evening Sun , What a Day.flac (30.8 MB)
  • Back.JPG (1.9 MB)
  • Front.JPG (461.0 KB)
  • Gemma Hayes - Night on My Side.jpg (461.0 KB)
  • Gemma Hayes - Night on My Side.log (13.9 KB)
  • Inner 1.JPG (1.3 MB)
  • Inner 2.JPG (1.2 MB)
  • Inner 3.JPG (1.7 MB)
  • Inner 4.JPG (1.3 MB)
  • Inner 5.JPG (1.6 MB)
  • Inner 6.JPG (690.0 KB)

Description

Quote:

Finally the long awaited debut c.d. from Gemma Hayes has arrived. Considering all the hype about her music you could say she was on a bit of a hiding to nothng with this c.d. It's fairly rare that a debut c.d. from a promising young artist lives up to that pressure-and she's done it on this debut c.d. with loads to spare.
She was quite clever in using such a respected and in vogue producer as Mercury Rev man Dave Fridmann. But any comparisons to the music of Mercury Rev are pretty non-existent on this c.d. Her music drifts between angsty blues filled ballads to hard rocking tracks that bear a closer resemblance to a P.J. Harvey then anyone else I can put my finger on. The minute you hear the guitars on track 8 "Tear In My Side" and you'll know exactly what I mean. She also adds some excellent slightly off-kilter harmonies to this track. In fact her record collection must be full of excellent alt. rock favourites. The bass line from track 3 "Back Of My Hand" mimics almost perfectly the sort of sound you'd hear from Peter Hook on New Order songs. Some of her more mellow numbers have a real retro feel of female solo artists from the 60's and 70's. maybe in years to come this c.d. will rank up there with the finest offerings from a Joni of Carole! There is a slight alt/country feel to the sound of tracks like "Over And Over" and on the title track. The other slower tracks have a more acoustic feel to them-yet Fridmann produces enough interesting effects so as to not make this another chilled out overly mellow sound. There is a real cutting edge to all of her songs. Lyrically tracks like the 7 minute "I Wanna Stay" and track 6 "Ran For Miles" are really heartfelt and full of just enough angst so that they don't come across sounding all Alannis like. In fact behind the acoustic chords of the latter you can hear the excellent feint sounds of a guitar loading up and getting ready to blare out loudly. She keeps the listener constantly on edge waiting for some unexpected sound to change the mood of the song.
There are plenty of quick tempo tracks here to prove that Hayes can rock with the best of them. Credit must go to a very accomplished backing band-who sound quite tight but not over-produced and over-rehearsed. In fact my favourite tracks on the album are two of these up-tempo tracks;"Hanging Around" and the amazing "Let A Good Thing Go". The latter track if it's given any airplay on alternative radio will help this album become huge-it's amazing.
This c.d. has been album of the week/month in many music publications over in the U.K. and in Ireland. Gemma Hayes could well be the next female solo mega-star. Forget Norah Jones and buy this album! (Amazon review)

YouTube sample-Night

Download torrent
331 MB
seeders:1
leechers:0
Gemma Hayes-Night on My Side (2003)

Trackers

tracker name
udp://tracker.coppersurfer.tk:6969/announce
udp://eddie4.nl:6969/announce
udp://shadowshq.eddie4.nl:6969/announce
udp://shadowshq.yi.org:6969/announce