seeders: 12
leechers: 0
updated:

Download Fast Safe Anonymous
movies, software, shows...

Files

(2022) Dana Gavanski - When It Comes [FLAC]
  • 07 - Lisa.flac (39.5 MB)
  • 02 - Bend Away and Fall.flac (20.7 MB)
  • 03 - Letting Go.flac (23.2 MB)
  • 04 - Under the Sky.flac (25.3 MB)
  • 05 - The Day Unfolds.flac (25.8 MB)
  • 06 - Indigo Highway.flac (26.1 MB)
  • 01 - I Kiss the Night.flac (17.9 MB)
  • 08 - The Reaper.flac (22.4 MB)
  • 09 - Knowing to Trust.flac (28.1 MB)
  • [TGx]Downloaded from torrentgalaxy.to.txt (0.6 KB)
  • cover.jpg (112.0 KB)
  • Torrent_downloaded_from_Demonoid.is_.txt (0.1 KB)

Description

(2022) Dana Gavanski - When It Comes

Review:
The follow-up to her debut album, early 2020’s Yesterday Is Gone, When It Comes emerged from a challenging period for Montreal’s Dana Gavanski that included not only the arrival of the COVID-19 pandemic but recovery from problems with her vocal cords. In fact, following recording sessions, she noted that, in many ways, When It Comes felt like a debut. Written on a toy Casiotone, with fleshed-out productions later recorded in London with her co-producer and partner, James Howard, the album reflects those struggles more in lyrics than in its graceful, subtly underworldly, and frequently Baroque sound. Speaking of Baroque, harpsichord has a conspicuous presence on “Bend Away & Fall,” where it appears beside precise layered vocals and smooth jazz-inclined guitar and drums. Light touches of synths, a dramatic key change, and a detached vocal delivery add that offbeat quality present on most, if not all, of the songs here. It’s a quirkiness established in part with the monotone “hey, hey, ha, ha, ho, ho” vocals on opening track “I Kiss the Night.” Later on, the melancholy, retro-psychedelic quality of “Under the Sky” is partly suggested by organ tones and an eerie chord family. The insistent, staccato keyboard pulse of midtempo entry “The Day Unfolds” is contrasted by soulful saxophone and the odd electronic squeal or soft vocal yelp, whereas the likewise spacious “The Reaper” relies mostly on a leaping, unpredictable vocal line for its eccentricity. That song also incorporates harpsichord. Throughout the album, Gavanski’s voice has the character of a ballerina, lithe and graceful, with sudden flits and angular poses that rarely seem to touch the ground. Final track “Knowing Touch” may be the best example of this, with its mournful, soaring melody delivering lyrics like “Am I howling too loud?/Does my worry crowd your view?” over simple organ progressions, minimal drums, and a whispered counter-rhythm also provided by Gavanski. In preparation for touring the album, the performer took mime classes for planned hand choreography, which may well capture When It Comes‘ mix of playfully strange and soothing.

Track List:
1.I Kiss The Night 03:23
2.Bend Away and Fall 03:36
3.Letting Go 04:01
4.Under The Sky 04:18
5.The Day Unfolds 04:47
6.Indigo Highway 04:32
7.Lisa 06:31
8.The Reaper 04:10
9.Knowing to Trust 05:16

Media Report:
Genre: indie-folk