seeders: 22
leechers: 7
updated:
Added by DarkAngie2 in Music > Lossless

Download Fast Safe Anonymous
movies, software, shows...

Files

(2023) M. Ward - supernatural thing [FLAC]
  • 02 - too young to die (feat. First Aid Kit).flac (28.4 MB)
  • 01 - lifeline.flac (11.8 MB)
  • 03 - supernatural thing.flac (19.8 MB)
  • 04 - new kerrang.flac (23.9 MB)
  • 05 - dedication hour.flac (16.7 MB)
  • 06 - i can't give everything away.flac (17.7 MB)
  • 07 - engine 5.flac (22.5 MB)
  • 08 - mr. dixon.flac (18.2 MB)
  • 09 - for good.flac (18.6 MB)
  • 10 - story of an artist.flac (24.6 MB)
  • [TGx]Downloaded from torrentgalaxy.to .txt (0.7 KB)
  • audiochecker.log (0.7 KB)
  • cover.jpg (182.1 KB)
  • Torrent_downloaded_from_Demonoid.is_.txt (0.1 KB)

Description

(2023) M. Ward - supernatural thing

Review:
A man of myriad moods, Matthew Stephen Ward from Portland, Oregon, can trade breathtaking tenderness for bitter despair in an instant, or display affection and contempt with a single breath. His transcendent Supernatural Thing captures indelible episodes of bright magic and dark torment, trading lightly in big ideas as it evokes a dreamy world of hidden meanings. Like a gently unsettling mirage, this radiant album percolates in the mind long after it ends. Ward has blithely ignored stylistic boundaries for more than two decades, drawing on everything from high-tone jazz to scruffy rock and roll to craft his own version of folk music. If it works perfectly, credit his intriguing low growl of a voice, a deceptively flexible instrument, and his understated electric and acoustic guitars, which add a touch of grace. Ward welcomes other singers on some tracks. Mixing his dark purr and the divine sisterly harmonies of Sweden’s First Aid Kit, the lilting “too young to die” celebrates life-affirming sounds beamed “from a host of foreign satellites,” but warns, “Teach a kid guitar, and he’ll be broke for the rest of his life.” Another signal in the ether drives the urgent “engine 5,” with Ward and First Aid Kit howling, “Can’t you hear my siren wailing? / I come to peel you off the street.” Old friend Neko Case shares the mic on the dizzy cocktail interlude “dedication hour,” marking the time-honored tradition of connecting through beloved songs. Walking the line between “beautiful and strange,” the wonderful title track recounts a visitation from Elvis Presley. As this uplifting tune builds from gentle balladry to gospel grandeur, Ward relays The King’s empowering message — “You can go anywhere you please” — affirming the inspiring power of art. A champion of true creators, Ward scorns phonies. Co-starring Shovels & Rope, the sputtering funk of “mr. dixon” targets shady characters who copy the efforts of others, perhaps referencing how the tunes of the great blues composer Willie Dixon have sometimes been appropriated without proper credit. “You did not find that in your imagination,” observes the song, continuing, “You found that in your record collection.” What does it mean to be an artist? Ward seeks clues in two covers. He scrubs the lyrics from “i can’t give everything away,” the final track on David Bowie’s final album, crafting a mournful instrumental highlighted by lovely sax from Kelly Pratt and Jim James; Ward seems to suggest a performer should hold something in reserve, not reveal all. And he closes the album with a touching take on outsider Daniel Johnston’s “story of an artist,” saluting those who prize self-expression above all. “Some will try for fame and glory / And others aren’t so bold,” Ward sighs, adding, “The artist walks among the flowers / Appreciating the sun … who’s to say he’s wrong?” It’s a poignant end to a remarkable work that satisfies both the head and the heart. — nodepression

Track List:
01 - lifeline
02 - too young to die (feat. First Aid Kit)
03 - supernatural thing
04 - new kerrang
05 - dedication hour
06 - i can't give everything away
07 - engine 5
08 - mr. dixon
09 - for good
10 - story of an artist

Media Report:
Genre: indie-folk, indie-rock
Format: FLAC
Format/Info: Free Lossless Audio Codec
Bit rate mode: Variable
Channel(s): 2 channels
Sampling rate: 44.1 KHz
Bit depth: 16 bits
Compression mode: Lossless
Writing library: libFLAC 1.2.1 (UTC 2007-09-17)

Note: If you like the music, support the artist

Download torrent
202.3 MB
seeders:22
leechers:7
[indie-folk, indie-rock] (2023) M. Ward - supernatural thing [FLAC] [DarkAngie]

Trackers

tracker name
udp://inferno.demonoid.is:3391/announce
udp://tracker.dler.org:6969/announce
udp://tracker.opentrackr.org:1337/announce
udp://epider.me:6969/announce