[indie-pop, shoegaze] (2022) No Suits in Miami - Nothing Ever Happens [FLAC] [DarkAngie]

seeders: 13
leechers: 7
updated:
Added by DarkAngie2 in Music > Lossless

Download Fast Safe Anonymous
movies, software, shows...

Files

(2022) No Suits in Miami - Nothing Ever Happens [FLAC]
  • 04 - Make You See.flac (28.2 MB)
  • 02 - The Robins Sang.flac (25.9 MB)
  • 03 - Over and Over.flac (24.8 MB)
  • 01 - What It's All About.flac (20.3 MB)
  • 05 - Stay Here.flac (20.9 MB)
  • 06 - Couldn't Say.flac (18.0 MB)
  • 07 - Beach.flac (27.1 MB)
  • 08 - Buffy.flac (25.4 MB)
  • 09 - Ode to Kyle.flac (4.0 MB)
  • 10 - Sunday.flac (25.7 MB)
  • [TGx]Downloaded from torrentgalaxy.to .txt (0.7 KB)
  • audiochecker.log (0.7 KB)
  • cover.jpg (284.9 KB)
  • Torrent_downloaded_from_Demonoid.is_.txt (0.1 KB)

Description

(2022) No Suits in Miami - Nothing Ever Happens

Review:
…Perhaps something in the water – or else a regional 1980s fetish – might explain the intriguing English-language indie rock emanating from Scandinavia over the past 15 years. At a minimum, this streak dates back to the Mary Onettes‘ self-titled debut in 2007, a deceptively tuneful Echo and the Bunnymen salute that proved to be one of the year’s better releases. Given this head start – and with a band slogan like “Welcome to the Jangle” – No Suits in Miami would seem perfectly situated to heed this regional community imperative and with dreamy feminine vocals thrown in for good measure. Except this record throws off considerably more energy than that, especially compared to their placid full-length debut, I Hope That No One Sees Me – which, while eminently listenable, frankly overdid the delicate stuff. Sure, there’s some warm, slower-paced fare on Nothing Ever Happens, such as “Stay Here” and “Beach”, with ringing guitar rhythms and layered Sundays-style choruses. But once you start listening for .38 Special’s (likely unconscious) influence on this latest release, you can’t un-hear it. Which, for a certain graying demographic, is usually a good thing – and the album is at its strongest when doing so. The introductory “What’s It All About” opens with a driving wall of guitar, then swerves into a winding first couplet (.38’s “Back to Paradise”). “The Robins Sang’s” high-pitched, open-ended riff rocks much harder than initially expected, bringing to mind .38’s “Like No Other Night”. Now, this next correlation may be a stretch, so please indulge a poor writer’s juxtaposition, but “Couldn’t Say” reminded me of “Fantasy Girl’s” indelible rolling chorus if it were somehow extended for two-and-a-half minutes. Fortunately, as hinted above, No Suits’ baseline influences aren’t limited to the Stone Age of the early-80s. The jouncy vocals and ringing acoustic guitars dominating “Over and Over” and “Make You See” place them firmly in 1990 shoegaze territory, back when Lush’s early EPs were rewriting the rules of dream-pop. Better yet, the tasteful and purring “Buffy” – one of the record’s freshest tunes – eludes easy comparison, perhaps best resembling a more obscure one-hit shoegaze band like Chapterhouse. Finally, like all good concluding tracks, the appropriately moody “Sunday” brings events to a close with a more luminous and sophisticated edge. No Suits in Miami’s debut I Hope That No One Sees Me was well-suited for reading or writing, but you wouldn’t want to drive to it. Now, however, by pumping things up with a dab of that classic 1980s arena attitude, Nothing Ever Happens radiates enough summery intensity for us tape-deck cruisers of a certain pedigree to savor. — PopMatters

Track List:
01 - What It's All About
02 - The Robins Sang
03 - Over and Over
04 - Make You See
05 - Stay Here
06 - Couldn't Say
07 - Beach
08 - Buffy
09 - Ode to Kyle
10 - Sunday

Media Report:
Genre: indie-pop, shoegaze
Format: FLAC
Format/Info: Free Lossless Audio Codec
Bit rate mode: Variable
Channel(s): 2 channels
Sampling rate: 44.1 KHz
Bit depth: 16 bits
Compression mode: Lossless
Writing library: libFLAC 1.2.1 (UTC 2007-09-17)

Note: If you like the music, support the artist

Download torrent
220.5 MB
seeders:13
leechers:7
[indie-pop, shoegaze] (2022) No Suits in Miami - Nothing Ever Happens [FLAC] [DarkAngie]

Trackers

tracker name
https://inferno.demonoid.is/announce
udp://tracker.dler.org:6969/announce
udp://tracker.opentrackr.org:1337/announce
udp://tracker.bitsearch.to:1337/announce
udp://aarsen.me:6969/announce
udp://htz3.noho.st:6969/announce
µTorrent compatible trackers list

Download torrent
220.5 MB
seeders:13
leechers:7

Torrent hash: A7196A87FDF174CBBEBC38F1B10F5177C85A371D