(JazzPlanet) David Sanborn - Here and Gone(Eac S Flac Cue)

seeders: 0
leechers: 0
updated:
Added by ufrontiera in Music > Lossless

Download Fast Safe Anonymous
movies, software, shows...
  • Downloads: 638
  • Language: English

Files

Cover
  • Front.jpg (982.2 KB)
  • back.jpg (642.1 KB)
  • CD.jpg (196.2 KB)
  • Front resize.jpg (111.8 KB)
  • g resize.jpg (82.3 KB)
  • CD resize.jpg (17.7 KB)
  • 02 - David Sanborn - Brother Ray (featuring Derek Trucks) .flac (37.7 MB)
  • 01 - David Sanborn - St. Louis Blues .flac (33.9 MB)
  • 04 - David Sanborn - Basin Street Blues .flac (30.1 MB)
  • 06 - David Sanborn - I Believe It To My Soul (featuring Joss Stone) .flac (29.8 MB)
  • 07 - David Sanborn - What Will I Tell My Heart .flac (29.1 MB)
  • 09 - David Sanborn - I've Got News For You (featuring Sam Moore) .flac (28.3 MB)
  • 05 - David Sanborn - Stoney Lonesome .flac (28.2 MB)
  • 03 - David Sanborn - I'm Gonna Move To The Outskirts Of Town (featuring Eric Clapton) .flac (27.9 MB)
  • 08 - David Sanborn - Please Send Me Someone To Love .flac (23.0 MB)
  • Info sanborn.txt (9.5 KB)
  • David Sanborn - Here & Gone.log (4.6 KB)
  • Here & Gone flac.cue (2.0 KB)
  • Here & Gone.cue (2.0 KB)
  • David Sanborn - Here & Gone.m3u (1.1 KB)
  • Torrent downloaded from Demonoid.com.txt (0.0 KB)

Description

David Sanborn - Here and Gone

Artist: David Sanborn
Title: Here and Gone
Audio CD (August 12, 2008)
Original Release Date: June 4, 2008
Number of Discs: 1
Label: Decca U.S.
Genre Jazz
Style: Blues, R&B, Soul
Source: Original CD

Extractor: EAC 0.99 prebeta 4
Used drive : HL-DT-STDVDRAM GSA-E10L
Read mode : Secure
Utilize accurate stream : Yes
Defeat audio cache : Yes
Make use of C2 pointers : No
Codec: Flac 1.2.1; Level 8
Single File.flac, Eac.log,
File.cue Multiple wav file with Gaps (Noncompliant)
Accurately ripped (confidence 46)
Size Torrent: 270 Mb
Covers Included

Personnel
Personnel: David Sanborn: alto saxophone;
Eric Clapton: vocals (3), guitar (3);
Joss Stone: vocals (6);
Sam Moore: vocals (9);
Christian McBride: bass;
Steve Gadd: drums;
Russell Malone: guitar;
Derek Trucks: guitar (2);
Anthony Wilson: guitar solo (5);
Ricky Peterson: Hammond B3 (2, 6, 8, 9);
Gil Goldstein: keyboards (1, 2, 4, 6, 8), Hammond B3 (2);
Howard Johnson: baritone sax;
Charles Pillow: bass clarinet (1-4, 6, 9);
John Moses: bass clarinet (5, 7, 8);
Mike Davis: tenor trombone;
Lou Marini: tenor sax;
Keyon Harrold: trumpet;
Lew Soloff: trumpet (1, 4, 6, 9);
Wallace Roney: trumpet solo (1).

Tracks:

1.St. Louis Blues 5:19
2.Brother Ray 5:39
3.I'm Gonna Move To The Outskirts Of Town 4:47
4.Basin Street Blues 4:54
5.Stoney Lonesome 4:08
6.I Believe To My Soul 4:30
7.What Will I Tell My Heart? 4:47
8.Please Send Me Someone To Love 3:21
9.I've Got News For You 4:27

Listen to sample

http://www.amazon.com/gp/recsradio/radio/B00186YSQ2/ref=pd_krex_dp_a

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPs6-buRdBA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8IxeWJpBVg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CIeVH8_ugI

bio

David Sanborn has been the most influential saxophonist on pop, R&B, and crossover players of the past 20 years. Most of his recordings have been in the dance music/R&B vein, although Sanborn is a capable jazz player. His greatest contributions to music have been his passionate sound (with its crying and squealing high notes) and his emotional interpretations of melodies which generally uplift any record he is on. Unlike his countless number of imitators, Sanborn is immediately recognizable within two notes. While growing up in St. Louis, Sanborn played with many Chicago blues greats (including Albert King) and became a skilled alto saxophonist despite battling polio in his youth. After important stints with Paul Butterfield (he played with the Butterfield Blues Band at Woodstock), Gil Evans, Stevie Wonder, David Bowie, and the Brecker Brothers, Sanborn began recording as a leader in the mid-'70s and he racked up a string of pop successes. Over the years he has worked with many pop players but he has made his biggest impact leading his own danceable bands. Occasionally Sanborn throws the music world a curve: his eccentric but rewarding Another Hand, a guest stint with avant-gardist Tim Berne on a 1993 album featuring the compositions of Julius Hemphill, and a set of ballads (Pearls) on which he is accompanied by a string orchestra arranged by Johnny Mandel. For a couple years in the early '90s, Sanborn was the host of the syndicated television series Night Music which had a very eclectic lineup of musicians (from Sonny Rollins and Sun Ra to James Taylor and heavy metal players), most of whom were given the unique opportunity to play together. It displayed David Sanborn's wide interest and musical curiosity even if many of his own recordings remain quite predictable.

About the Artist

The six-time Grammy winner has consistently recorded his own albums: Since his first album "Taking Off," from 1975, through his acclaimed "Closer," from 2005, he has rarely gone over two years between releases. But it's been three years between "Closer" and Sanborn's hew album "Here and Gone." Produced by the legendary Phil Ramone, it is the 23rd solo album in Sanborn's extraordinary career, and brings together exceptional guests in Eric Clapton, Sam Moore and Joss Stone, along with such fellow stellar instrumentalists as guitarists Anthony Wilson and Derek Trucks, trumpet virtuoso Wallace Roney, arranger/keyboardist Gil Goldstein, bassist Christian McBride and drummer Steve Gadd. But "Here and Gone" is noteworthy, too, for its concept. Sanborn was inspired by soul-jazz saxophonists like David "Fathead" Newman, Hank Crawford, Gene Ammons, Arnett Cobb, Illinois Jacquet, Jimmy Forrest, King Curtis, and Willis "Gator" Jackson. But he was also influenced by the Chicago blues legends who regularly performed in St. Louis, and by the time he graduated high school he had already played with Albert King and Little Milton. Sanborn's first career break, in fact, was joining the Butterfield Blues Band--which historically mixed Chicago blues with a soul band horn section. Following five years with Butterfield, he then established his world-class solo stature in the 1970s in jazz and r&b/pop/rock through heavy touring and ensuing recording dates. But it is fellow blues/r&b alto saxophonist Hank Crawford whom Sanborn turned to in conceiving "Here and Gone." Crawford is directly responsible for three of the album's nine tracks. He wrote "Stoney Lonesome"--"the definitive Hank Crawford tune," notes Sanborn, explaining that "it's in a place between gospel, r&b and jazz that both he and Ray inhabited so well." The ballad "What Will I Tell My Heart?," which Sanborn first heard via Crawford, "illustrates what I learned from Hank: Take your time when playing a ballad! Don't hurry, but let the song develop and tell you how to play it." Then there is Percy Mayfield's masterpiece "Please Send Me Someone to Love," another song that Crawford recorded that is "quintessentially Hank in the economy of the arrangement." The rest of the album continues a close connection with Ray Charles, whose 1960 album "Genius + Soul = Jazz" supplies three more tracks including "I'm Gonna Move to the Outskirts of Town," another Mayfield gem. Sanborn then culled the Charles original "I Believe It to My Soul" from Charles's 1961 album "The Genius Sings the Blues," and marvels at the job guest vocalist Joss Stone did on it. Sanborn first recorded Marcus Miller's Charles tribute "Brother Ray" on his Miller-produced 1999 album "Inside." He included a new version on "Here and Gone"--with a spectacular guitar assist from Derek Trucks. Crawford and Charles are joined by keyboardist/arranger Gil Evans as Sanborn's three biggest influences, and it's to Evans that he turned to in cutting jazz standard "St. Louis Blues"--the lead track on "Here and Gone." Here Sanborn also credits producer Ramone, who had produced his second album "Sanborn" in 1976, "so we have a real history." Ramone, he adds, "has an innate understanding of what this music is about, and better than anybody understands how to create an atmosphere conducive to maintaining its vitality and spontaneity and preserving its spirit." And saluting Wallace Roney, whose trumpet solo embellishes the end of "St. Louis Blues," he further notes that his albums "are all about casting. "I was very honored to have such an incredible array of guest artists on the album," notes Sanborn, "who really round out the sound of this record."

Product Description

With the release of his searingly soulful, rootsy, and groovy Decca debut, Here & Gone, David Sanborn became the second legendary saxman -- after Maceo Parker and Roots and Grooves -- to pay homage to the ever-popular genius of Ray Charles in 2008. Sanborn approaches the Genius in a novel and not completely obvious way, however, tapping into the fruitful symbiotic relationship between Ray Charles and one of Sanborn's chief sax influences, Hank Crawford -- who was Charles' saxman and arranger in the '50s and early '60s. Three of the nine tracks pay searing homage (complete with attractive old school all-star vocals) to the Crawford-Charles vibe as originally captured on Charles' seminal 1960 release Genius + Soul = Jazz: the simmering, blues- and brass-inflected "I'm Gonna Move to the Outskirts of Town," featuring a coolly pensive vocal by Eric Clapton; the similarly vibing "I've Got News for You," with a delightfully playful Sam Moore; and the haunting, slow-scorching instrumental ballad "Basin Street Blues." Sanborn dug into Charles' next album, The Genius Sings the Blues, for the swinging seduction of "I Believe It to My Soul," a powerful showcase for the otherworldly soul transcendence of Joss Stone. Another way Sanborn invokes the Genius is by acoustically covering "Brother Ray," a Marcus Miller-penned tribute gem the saxman first recorded on 1999's Inside. It fits the theme here perfectly and has Derek Trucks' smiling and crying guitar work fronting Ricky Peterson's shimmering Hammond B-3 and those prominent snazzy horns. Sanborn then pays more direct tribute to Crawford with a bustling, jazzy twist on Crawford's own "Stoney Lonesome." Not pure jazz, pure blues, or pure R&B/pop, Here & Gone nonetheless is a solid and entertaining primer on the swirl of influences -- also including David "Fathead" Newman, King Curtis, and a sea of Chicago blues legends who frequented St. Louis -- that gelled to eventually make Sanborn one of the most imitated saxmen of his generation. As far as musical autobiographies go, these nine tracks tell tales every Sanborn, blues, and soul fan will be regaled by for hours.

Download torrent
270.1 MB
seeders:0
leechers:0

Trackers

tracker name
http://inferno.demonoid.com:3397/announce
http://fr33dom.h33t.com:3310/announce
http://tracker.torrentbox.com:2710/announce
http://nemesis.1337x.org/announce
http://tracker.podtropolis.com:2710/announce
http://tracker.publicbt.com:80/announce
udp://tracker.1337x.org:80/announce
µTorrent compatible trackers list

Download torrent
270.1 MB
seeders:0
leechers:0

Torrent hash: 5998F71C4C38C10C6EECE89E8AD3B3FF3535DF5F