The End of Everything - Katie Mack - 2020 (Science) [Audiobook] (miok)

seeders: 22
leechers: 1
updated:
Added by miok in Other > Audiobook

Download Fast Safe Anonymous
movies, software, shows...

Files

Katie Mack - 2020 - The End of Everything (Science)
  • 01 - Intro.mp3 (367.1 KB)
  • 02 - Chapter 1 - Introduction to the Cosmos.mp3 (11.7 MB)
  • 03 - Chapter 2 - Big Bang to Now.mp3 (29.1 MB)
  • 04 - Chapter 3 - Big Crunch.mp3 (16.4 MB)
  • 05 - Chapter 4 - Heat Death.mp3 (28.1 MB)
  • 06 - Chapter 5 - Big Rip.mp3 (20.6 MB)
  • 07 - Chapter 6 - Vacuum Decay.mp3 (22.5 MB)
  • 08 - Chapter 7 - Bounce.mp3 (17.8 MB)
  • 09 - Chapter 8 - Future of the Future.mp3 (23.5 MB)
  • 10 - Chapter 9 - Epilogue.mp3 (5.2 MB)
  • 11 - Outro.mp3 (523.3 KB)
  • Downloaded From 1337X.txt (0.1 KB)
  • Downloaded From Demonoid.txt (0.0 KB)
  • Downloaded From ETTV.txt (0.0 KB)
  • Downloaded From Glodls.txt (0.2 KB)
  • Downloaded From ProStyleX.txt (0.1 KB)
  • Downloaded From TorrentGalaxy.txt (0.6 KB)
  • The End of Everything.jpg (79.7 KB)
  • The End of Everything - Katie Mack - 2020.txt (3.1 KB)

Description

The End of Everything - Katie Mack - 2020
(Astrophysically Speaking)

By: Katie Mack
Narrated by: Gabra Zackman, Katie Mack
Length: 6 hrs and 21 mins
Unabridged Audiobook
Release date: 08-04-20
Language: English
Genre: Science & Engineering
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Audio
Format: mp3 64/48 stereo

“[A] pleasure...I found it helpful - not reassuring, certainly, but mind-expanding - to be reminded of our place in a vast cosmos.” (James Gleick, The New York Times Book Review)

“A thrilling tour of potential cosmic doomsdays.... Beyond her deep expertise, Ms. Mack’s infectious enthusiasm for communicating the finer points of cosmological doom elevates The End of Everything over any other book on the topic I have read.” (The Wall Street Journal)

From one of the most dynamic rising stars in astrophysics, an accessible and eye-opening look at five ways the universe could end, and the mind-blowing lessons each scenario reveals about the most important concepts in cosmology.

We know the universe had a beginning. With the Big Bang, it expanded from a state of unimaginable density to an all-encompassing cosmic fireball to a simmering fluid of matter and energy, laying down the seeds for everything from black holes to one rocky planet orbiting a star near the edge of a spiral galaxy that happened to develop life as we know it. But what happens to the universe at the end of the story? And what does it mean for us now?

Dr. Katie Mack has been contemplating these questions since she was a young student, when her astronomy professor informed her the universe could end at any moment, in an instant. This revelation set her on the path toward theoretical astrophysics. Now, with lively wit and humor, she takes us on a mind-bending tour through five of the cosmos' possible finales: The Big Crunch, Heat Death, the Big Rip, Vacuum Decay (the one that could happen at any moment!), and the Bounce. Guiding us through cutting-edge science and major concepts in quantum mechanics, cosmology, string theory, and much more, The End of Everything is a wildly fun, surprisingly upbeat ride to the farthest reaches of all that we know.

©2020 Dr. Katie Mack. All rights reserved. (P)2020 Simon & Schuster, Inc. All rights reserved.

Editor's Pick

Contemplating our doom (the far-off distant kind) is weirdly refreshing
I love to get my mind boggled by big science, but I really struggle to make my way through dense nonfiction (Bill Nye the Science Guy is more my speed). But I've been following Katie Mack on Twitter (@AstroKatie) ever since we started hearing about Betelgeuse dimming and potentially going supernova (the coolness of which I appreciate even more after listening to this book). Starting with the Big Bang for background, she proceeds to take us through the five scientifically most likely ways the world will one day meet its end—and make no mistake about it, it will end. Charming and humorous, and peppered with enough pop culture and sci-fi references to keep listeners like me grounded in our reality, Mack approaches the inevitability of our doom with the kind of levity I just really, really needed right now. —Emily C., Audible Editor

24/7 Seedbox Support

Download torrent
176 MB
seeders:22
leechers:1

Trackers

tracker name
udp://tracker.coppersurfer.tk:6969/announce
udp://tracker.leechers-paradise.org:6969/announce
udp://9.rarbg.to:2710/announce
udp://exodus.desync.com:6969/announce
udp://tracker.uw0.xyz:6969/announce
udp://open.stealth.si:80/announce
udp://tracker.tiny-vps.com:6969/announce
udp://open.demonii.si:1337/announc4
udp://tracker.cyberia.is:6969/announce
udp://tracker.kamigami.org:2710/announce
udp://opentor.org:2710/announce
udp://opentracker.i2p.rocks:6969/announce
udp://tracker.zerobytes.xyz:1337/announce
udp://aaa.army:8866/announce
udp://tracker2.dler.org:80/announce
µTorrent compatible trackers list

Download torrent
176 MB
seeders:22
leechers:1

Torrent hash: C7848B1D88B8859DC431E6A472B86377356E6B8D