Added by rogercc in Music > MP3

Download Fast Safe Anonymous
movies, software, shows...
  • Downloads: 147
  • Language: English

Files

• 01 White Cliffs Of Dover.mp3 (7.0 MB)
  • 02 Darling I Know.mp3 (6.0 MB)
  • 03 Shoo Doo Be Doo (My Loving Baby).mp3 (6.9 MB)
  • 04 Newly Wed.mp3 (7.1 MB)
  • 05 Show Me The Way.mp3 (6.8 MB)
  • 06 Give Me (A Simple Prayer).mp3 (6.3 MB)
  • 07 Nadine.mp3 (6.8 MB)
  • 08 Ding Dong.mp3 (6.7 MB)
  • 09 4 O'Clock In The Morning.mp3 (6.2 MB)
  • 10 I Want To Love.mp3 (5.6 MB)
  • 11 Teardrops.mp3 (5.8 MB)
  • 12 Soft Shadows.mp3 (6.9 MB)
  • 13 I'm So Young.mp3 (6.1 MB)
  • 14 So Far Away.mp3 (6.3 MB)
  • 15 This Broken Heart.mp3 (7.2 MB)
  • 16 False Alarm.mp3 (5.7 MB)
  • front.jpg (261.5 KB)

Description

Various Artists Chess Doo-Wop
Label:Chess ‎
Format: [email protected][LP Rip]

Doo Wop was one of the most popular genres of rock & roll and R&B in the late '50s. Doo wop artists were vocal groups, with each singer in the group taking a different part that interweaved with the other singers. Frequently, the backing vocalists sang nonsense words as rhythm, and the genre's name derives from this trait. Most doo wop groups started as a cappella bands, performing without instrumental accompaniment. The hit doo wop singles inspired countless teenagers to form their own a cappella groups, though many of them were never recorded. Despite its a cappella origins, few doo wop records were made without instrumental backing. Doo wop faded away in the early '60s, though its influence was felt throughout popular music in the following decades.

Doo-wop is a style of vocal-based rhythm and blues music developed in African American communities in the 1940s, achieving mainstream popularity in the 1950s and early 1960s. It emerged from New York, Philadelphia, Chicago, Baltimore, Newark, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Washington D.C and areas of greater Los Angeles, including El Monte and Compton. Built upon vocal harmony, doo-wop was one of the most mainstream, pop-oriented R&B styles of the time. Singer Bill Kenny is often noted as the father of Doo-wop for his introduction of the "top & bottom" format used by most Doo-wop groups. This format features a high tenor lead with a "talking bass" in the song's middle.
As a musical genre, doo-wop features vocal group harmony with the musical qualities of many vocal parts, nonsense syllables, a simple beat, sometimes little or no instrumentation, and simple music and lyrics. It is ensemble single artists appearing with a backing group. Solo billing usually implies an individual is more prominent in the musical arrangement.
Hit records of African-American vocal groups, such as The Ink Spots and The Mills Brothers, during the years surrounding the second world war, set important precedents for the genre. The Ink Spots had a string of record successes in 1939-40, both in the USA and in Britain,
At the outset, singers gathered on street corners, and in subways, generally in groups of three to six. They sang a cappella arrangements, and used wordless onomatopeia to mimic instruments since instruments were little used: the bass singing "bom-bom-bom", a guitar rendered as "shang-a-lang" and brass riffs as "dooooo -wop-wop".

Tracklist :
Side 1
1. White Cliffs Of Dover - The Bluejays
2. Darling I Know - The El-Rays
3. Shoo Doo Be Doo (My Loving Baby) - The Moonlighters
4. Newly Wed - The Orchids
5. Show Me The Way - The Five Notes
6. Give Me (A Simple Prayer) - The Ravens
7. Nadine - The Coronets
8. Ding Dong - The Quintones

Side 2
1. 4 O'Clock In The Morning - The Tornadoes